29. Low femme fat lady of color. Living in a small town between a lake, mountains, and the Canadian border. Midwestern girl at heart. Always keeping busy.
My weekend was just as amazing as I thought it would be, but too short. So many more pictures to follow.
- Hung out with my dear friend in her Crown Heights apartment Friday night.
- Woke up and headed out to Fat Girl Flea. We got there an hour and a half early. Numbers 6 and 7 in line! She came as my stylist and assistant digger.
- Fat Girl Flea was more fabulous than you can imagine.
- Shameless stripping by everyone to try on clothing.
- Folks spontaneously telling each other “You look amazing in that!” and “That was made for you!”
- Folks passing around garments for everyone to try on.
- For $54 I scored a sweet Fat Girl Flea bag, one brand new dress with tags, one vintage dress, one used Old Navy babydoll style dress, one HOT Igigi dress, one hibiscus-print t-shirt, one pin-tucked yellow Forever 21 shirt, and a beautiful graphite 3/4 sleeve shirt with 3D rose detailing for my Momma.
- While waiting in line, an older lady said “Smells like ass and BO in here.” I was so tempted to say, “That’s me.”
- Eating lunch at Benny’s Burritos and striking up a conversation with other fatties (from DC and Boston!) about how there should have been a Fattie-approved restaurant and a secret FGF handshake.
- Ticket swap success!
- Tried to watch as much RX bandits as I could, but the combination of overpowering BO, nasty weed smoke, and people trying to most to ska-reggae-jam music drove me away. It’s okay RXB, I still love you.
- A Loss For Words kicked ass. They closed the set with their cover of the Temptations “My Girl.”
- Scored a Movielife shirt!
- Waited in front of the Movielife stage for an hour and a half so I could score my sweet position at the very front.
- Being surrounded by people talking about the last time they saw the Movielife and how they got there (one made it his bachelor part, one flew from LA).
- The fact that they opened with “This Time Next Year” and even played “Barefoot” !!!!!
- Vinnie said stranger things have happened than the Movielife playing another show!
- Hanging out with circus folks at a bar in Long Island City.
- Sleeping late and eating breakfast on the floor of her apartment.
- Watching circus performers practicing (my friend is training for the circus. My friends are so badass).
- Scoring a cute hot pink dress for my Momma from Re/Dress.
- Fatcast Live! Sitting on the floor with lovely fat folks while Marianne Kirby and Leslie Kinzel talked about being fat and awesome and how fat-awesome fat girl flea was.
- Stopping at Sonic for a java chiller! How I miss Sonic! They still managed to fuck up my order though. Oh Sonic.
- Driving the entire length of New York state at night.
dressesandyarn posted this